Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Biology of the Ancients

As it is nearly Christmas, I thought I would post this rather excellent diagram of the way a Clam work(s).


We all love the noble Clam


I wept when first I saw this picture, because it seems to me to be the most elegant way to point out the dichotomy twixt hard outer shell and soft inner workings - much like most of our emotional states whilst on the toilet or making love - hard as nails outside - all bluff, bluster and bravado, but inside we are as soft as droppings, unnecessarily complicated and crying like split children.

I think we have a lot to learn from these beautiful, free-spirited creatures of the skies. The next time you feel desperate or sad at work, have a quick look out of the window at these magnificent beasts as they soar past on the updrafts, flying where the current will take them - It'll cheer you up no end. And that is a personal guarantee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home